Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
Youth Program Leaders will provide meaningful and enriching program opportunities for youth. Individuals hired for this position need to be flexible, willing to take initiative, are punctual, and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year.
As we begin to reopen our facilities in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, it is imperative that all YMCA of San Francisco staff take responsibility for the safety and health of themselves, our members, and the larger community. Everyone will be asked to abide by the following protocols to ensure the YMCA space is clean and sanitary. These responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, submitting to a health check before and after each work shift, sanitizing equipment and frequently used areas with a XX-grade disinfectant, monitoring and promoting social distancing, proper PPE use, and handwashing per the most recent guidelines from CDC, state, county and city by youth and co-workers.
- Minimum 18 years of age for the elementary school programs, 21 for middle school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on After School For All-Excel Qualification Exam (No Child Left Behind-NCLB)
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality After School opportunities to youth
- Must be a Team Player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Must be available daily M-F during youth program hours
- Current CPR and 1st Aid certification
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin speakers are strongly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports
- Knowledge of Zoom and other online interaction platforms
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records