All YMCA membership facility locations in San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo will no longer require proof of vaccination. Members who are unvaccinated are allowed to be indoors during workouts. Masks are no longer required in most public indoor settings. Masks are strongly recommended, especially for unvaccinated people.
Health & Safety Protocols
Our Cleaning and Sanitizing Procedures
- Encourage all members and staff to wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Increase the quantity of our gyms’ air purifiers from 125 to 165.
- Investing in Air Angel air-quality sensors tracking AQI, VOC, C02, air flow and temperatures throughout our buildings.
Our Mask Policy
- Masks are strongly recommended, but not required for indoor workouts.
- Encourage all members and staff to wear multi-ply masks covering nose and mouth during their visits to the Y.
The YMCA of San Francisco had installed air quality and environmental sensors, called Air Angel, in our branches and preschools to monitor indoor air quality since 2019.
Air Angel includes computer vision modules, allowing for measurement of the dimensions of a space from a camera, and anonymous detection and tracking of occupants as they move through the space.
The upgraded sensors track occupant density, identify to what extent social distancing guidelines are being followed, and provide us opportunities to make our facility safer through policy, signage and layout.
How You Can Help
- Practice healthy hygiene and remain home if feeling ill.
- Wipe all equipment down with provided supplies before and after each equipment use, along with any surfaces you touch.
- Wash and sanitize your hands before you utilize equipment and programs.
- Masks are recommended but optional for members at all YMCA of San Francisco facilities.