What the Y is Doing
- All staff will be wearing face masks or face shields and additional PPE as appropriate.
- Enhanced sanitizing and cleaning throughout the building will be provided. In addition to ongoing cleaning and a deep sanitizing nightly.
- Our staff will be available to answer any questions and help maintain healthy spaces throughout our buildings.
- Our YMCA reciprocity programs, both local and national, are suspended until further notice.
- We are also here to support you during this these times, which means you have access to a variety of virtual offerings for adults, seniors, families and youth.
- As an active, paying member, you have some added benefits to your membership like our member-only content which includes virtual personal training and additional group exercise offerings.
The YMCA of San Francisco had installed air quality and environmental sensors, called Air Angel, in our branches and preschools to monitor indoor air quality since 2019.
Air Angel includes computer vision modules, allowing for measurement of the dimensions of a space from a camera, and anonymous detection and tracking of occupants as they move through the space.
The upgraded sensors track occupant density, identify to what extent social distancing guidelines are being followed, and provide us opportunities to make our facility safer through policy, signage and layout.
How You Can Help
- Practice healthy hygiene and remain home if feeling ill, have had exposure to COVID-19 or are considered to be in high risk categories.
- Wipe all equipment down with provided supplies before and after each equipment use, along with any surfaces you touch.
- Wash and sanitize your hands before you utilize equipment and programs.
- Members who are fully vaccinated may choose to no longer wear face masks indoors. Non-vaccinated members still need to wear their masks indoors at all times. We are not checking for vaccination status and adopting an "honor system".
- We ask that you limit your use of multiple branches to mitigate the spread of germs and disease.