WHATEVER YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH, WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Are you ready to make a healthy change, but aren't sure where to start? Perhaps you've already started on your healthy journey, but need help taking it to the next level?
If you're seeking support with weight loss, stress management, healthy eating or active living, our complimentary LAUNCH Program, an individualized Wellness Coaching experience, is for you.
To schedule your free sessions, call or visit any open YMCA Facility and our Membership Staff will get you started.
What is Wellness Coaching?
Through thoughtful assessment, guidance, accountability and empowerment, Wellness Coaches assess your current physical and emotional state to help you build upon your core values and strengths, and assist you in creating strategies for healthier, happier living.
Wellness Coaching at the Y is provided in individual and group settings both in-person and virtually.
Wellness Coaching is a core element to all YMCA of San Francisco Wellness Programs. You'll get precisely the guidance you need for precisely the goals you set.
Who is the Wellness Coach?
Wellness Coaches are trained health professionals with experience in Motivational Interviewing and exploratory facilitation. They are a vital part of the greater healthcare team bridging the gap between traditional healthcare and enacting sustainable, positive behavioral lifestyle changes (IIN, 2021).
What is LAUNCH?
How It Works
In each session, your Coach will ask questions to understand your goals, then provide resources, feedback and guidance aligned to your current needs and abilities. We will also challenge you to be accountable to your goals by helping you to establish daily practices and habits that encourage you to think about lifestyle and long-term health. All sessions are conversational, which means you are not physically active in your sessions. However, your Coach may recommend physical activity between sessions.
We can help you with any of the following:
- Weight loss or weight management
- Increasing exercise and physical activity levels
- Reducing anxiety and stress
- Making healthy food choices
- Improving overall energy levels
- Managing your time to prioritize self-care
- Developing a sense of healthy purpose
What To Expect
- Receive 3 (free) one-hour sessions
- Meet in a private setting, either in-person or virtually
- Share your personal health history, goals and experience
- Determine the challenges to reaching your goals
- Collaboratively design a personal Wellness Vision
- Build an action plan to achieve your wellness goals