Youth ages 0-12 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in YMCA wellness facilities and must be participating in an available wellness activity as follows or registered in a Y program.
- If you are 10-12 you must workout with your parent/guardian
- Be honest with your body
- No one is judging you on strength or ability
- Stay committed to your goals/ wellness Plan
- Work with a Wellness Attendant
- Complete Youth Orientation
- Act appropriately
- Use inside voices
- Use appropriate language
- Pay attention to staff
- Be respectful of other members
- Use equipment correctly
- Respect the Y; stay focused on your workout
- Respect other people’s property
- Take care of your body: warm-up, stretch, and cool down
- Wipe down machines
- Be aware of other people waiting
- Work-in with others: take turns between long sets
- Workout with a friend
- Meet new people
- Be on time
- Arrive early for classes and appointments with trainers
- Finish your workout on time
- Wear athletic shoes
- Wear athletic clothing: no jeans on the machines
- Use cell phones for music or viewing movies. Taking pictures and/or videos is prohibited.
- Re-rack weights and replace all used equipment
- Place trash, compost and recycling in the proper bins.
May use the following equipment accompanied by a parent/guardian:
- Cardio: Bike, Treadmill, Hand Crank
- Strength: Cable Machine, Leg Press, Row
- Free weights: Only with a personal trainer
- Youth Orientation: Completed with a guardian
May use the following equipment:
- Cardio: Bike, Treadmill, Hand Crank, AMT, Elliptical, Rowing Machine
- Strength: Cable Machine, all selectorized machines
- Free weights: With a personal trainer or after a Teen Free Weight Orientation
- Youth Orientation: Access to equipment after Youth Orientation and Teen Free Weight Orientation are complete
Full access after Teen Free Weight Orientation is complete
Group Exercise Classes
We offer a variety of family friendly classes, which are noted on the online group exercise class schedule with a "family" icon.
Beyond these specific classes, youth ages 13 and older are welcome to attend all group exercise classes (unless noted otherwise in the class description) after completing a Youth Orietnation at the Y. Youth ages 10-12 can attend group exercise classes that don't use equipment with a parent/guardian, after completing a Youth Orientation. These are also noted on the group exercise schedule.
Our priority is youth safety. We require youth ages 17 and younger to attend a Youth Orientation. Equipment Orientations are available for anyone 18 and older, but not required. Youth ages 14 and older may use sauna, steam rooms, whirlpool, hot tubs and spas at the Y without a parent or guardian.
- Youth ages 13 and older may use the sauna, steam rooms, whirlpool, hot tubs and spas at the Y without a parent or guardian.
- Youth ages 12 and younger are not permitted to use a sauna/ steam room.
- Youth ages 6–12 may use the whirlpool/hot tub/spa for a maximum of 5 minutes. Lifeguards will enforce swim breaks every 5 minutes as youth must take a break from the hot tub and return after cooling off.
- Youth ages 5 and younger are not permitted to use a whirlpool/hot tub/spa.