Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The YMCA of San Francisco is committed to providing quality youth programming and exceptional summer camp experiences to our Bay Area families. As a Summer Camp Leader, you can be a part of this experience and make this the BEST SUMMER EVER for the youth and families we serve.
Under the supervision of the Summer Camp Unit Leaders, the Camp Leader is responsible for all aspects of the supervision of children and implementation of camp activities and curriculum.
Camp Dates – specific program dates dependent on site:
- San Francisco: June 5th – August 11th, 2023
- Marin: June 12th – August 11th, 2023
- San Mateo: June 12th – August 11th, 2023
No camps on June 19th or July 4th
*Please note - Embarcadero YMCA Summer Camp programs will be located at the Treasure Island YMCA
- Proof of COVID Vaccination is required
- Minimum 18 years old
- Be highly motivated to provide quality programming to youth
- Be a team player and comfortable working alongside 5 or more fellow staff
- Have knowledge of and enthusiasm for youth development work
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday during program hours; Shifts may vary, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- CPR & First Aid certified (may complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- 1+ years of experience working with youth
- Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, or other language skills
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records