Group, Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons are an opportunity to work with a Certified YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor. You’ll receive expert guidance through coaching and instruction as your Swim Instructor works with you to build your water safety and swimming skills.
Youth Group Swim Lessons
At the Y, we believe swimming is an important life skill. Our Group Swim lessons prepare individuals of all ages to be strong and confident swimmers. Using a skill based continuum in a safe environment, students learn to stay safe and have fun while in the water.
HOW IT WORKS
Registration can be done online via our community portal or in-person at our Member Services Desk.
Priority registration is given to participants who are enrolled in the current session with a valid report card from an instructor and/or registration code. Priority registration dates correspond to the session in which the participant is currently enrolled and begins one day prior to open registration.
If you need help choosing the appropriate swim lesson level for your child, click here (available in English/Spanish/Chinese).
SESSION & OPEN REGISTRATION DATES
Open registration is available to the general public at any location.
2/27/2023 – 4/2/2023
Open Registration: 2/13/2023 - 2/19/2023
4/3/2023 – 4/30/2023
Open Registration: 3/20/2023 - 3/26/2023
5/1/2023 – 5/28/2023
Open Registration: 4/17/2023 - 4/23/2023
6/5/2023 – 7/2/2023
Open Registration: 5/22/2023 - 5/28/2023
1/30/2023 – 4/2/2023
Open Registration:1/16/2023 - 1/22/2023
4/3/2023 – 5/28/2023
Open Registration:3/20/2023 - 3/26/2023
6/5/2023 – 7/30/2023
Open Registration:5/22/2023 - 5/28/2023
Group Swim Lesson pricing is determined by the amount of lessons in a session and are 30 min in length.
Group Lesson pricing
Facility Member: $22.50 per person per lesson
Community Participant: $28.15 per person per lesson
Financial Aid is available.
READY TO SWIM?
Need help with the registration process? Click here to learn more.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Policies & Procedures
- Parent and guardian must be present on deck for the entire duration of their child swim lesson.
- Instructors reserve the right to move participants to a different level. If no appropriate level is available a refund will be issued.
- Instructors may combine classes with similar levels without exceeding student/instructor ratio.
- If there are three empty spaces before the start of the session, the class may be canceled.
- Full payment is required to reserve a space in the class.
- There are no makeup classes. • Swim diapers are required for children not potty trained.
- If put onto the wait list only one wait list listing permitted per participant.
- Cancelations of the entire sessions must be made three days prior to the start of the first class
- When canceling it you may choose one of the following options:
- A transferred to avoid YMCA program during the same session provides spaces available.
- A credit for future use of YMCA programs must be used within one year of issue date.
- A refunded to your credit card or allow 15 business days for a check to be mailed to you
- If the YMCA canceled the program you must choose one of the following options:
- A full credit to be used toward another YMCA program.
- A full refund we mailed to you within the 15 business days.
- If canceling with less than 3 days' notice no refund or credit will be issued for the entire session/month.
YMCA of San Francisco Aquatics will not issue refunds or credits for miss classes.
Private & Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons are an opportunity to work with a Certified YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor while maintaining COVID safety protocols. You’ll receive expert guidance through coaching and instruction as your Swim Instructor works with you to build your own customized swim lesson program.
In order to participate in Private or Semi-Private Swim lessons, you need to purchase a Private or Semi-Private Lesson package.
Semi-Private sessions are up to 3 participants from the same household working with one of our Certified Instructors. The recommendation for semi-private participants are to have similar goals, swim experience, and availability, but is not necessary.
HOW IT WORKS
You’ll fill out a form asking about availability and swim experience that will be sent to an Aquatics Director who will pair you with one of our Certified Swim Lesson Instructors for on-going swim lessons that work with your availability.
Swim Lesson packages are available in bundles of 4 or Single** sessions in 30 minute increments, for one to three participants per session.
**can be used only as add-on to a 4 pack
ONE PARTICIPANT (PRIVATE)
- 4 Sessions - Facility Member: $220
- 4 Sessions - Community Participant: $265
- Single Add-On Session - Facility Member: $55
- Single Add-On Session - Community Participant: $66.25
UP TO 3 PARTICIPANTS (SEMI-PRIVATE)
- 4 Sessions - Facility Member: $196/person
- 4 Sessions - Community Participant: $235/person
- Single Add-On Session - Facility Member: $49/person
- Single Add-On Session - Community Participant: $58.75/person
Our program and waitlist is highly impacted at many of our branches. Any Private Swim Lesson request will not be available at branches with more than 100 requests. Requests are only available for branches listed on the form.
Already on the waitlist?
An Aquatics Director will reach out to you once a spot opens up.