Lap Lanes for Swimming
Lap swim is a great opportunity for swimmers to work at their own pace. During our lap swimming times, you can just jump in and get moving. Lap swim is available to YMCA of San Francisco active paying members only.
What to Know
- No towels will be available. You are encouraged to bring your own.
- Please check with your branch regarding lap swim rules & etiquette
- State Health Laws:
- Every person must shower before entering the pool, sauna, steam room, or spa. Limit to 2 minutes.
- No person with open wounds or communicable diseases are allowed in the pool or spa.
For your safety, please:
- Obey rules set by lifeguard. Walk, don’t run.
- Refrain from pushing or rough play.
- Wear bathing suits and shower shoes only.
- Please no undergarments, thongs or street clothes.
- Do not eat, drink, or chew gum in the aquatic environment.
- Do not spit in or around the pool area.
- Only use plastic containers.
- Refrain from cell phone/camera/video use Lifeguards have the right to swim test all bathers.
- Max capacity per lane is 4 persons
YOUTH GUIDELINES FOR POOL USE
Lifeguards will swim test all youth bathers.
Green Band Swim Test (for youth in water armpit depth or higher) - 50 yard swim of any stroke without stopping or assistance, and treading water for 1 minute
YOUTH AGES 0-5
- Are not permitted in YMCA facilities unless registered for a specific Youth Program or are participating with an adult in their Household during reserved Recreation/Household swim times.
YOUTH AGES 6-10
- The child must pass a swim test before permitted to swim autonomously and without a PFD during Recreation/Household swim. Parent/Guardian must be in the pool if the child does not pass the swim test.
READY TO SWIM?
We have 6 beautiful pools for you!
Enjoy aqua aerobics, water walking, family rec swim and all the benefits of low-impact pool workouts.
Private & Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons are an opportunity to work with a Certified YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor while maintaining COVID safety protocols. You’ll receive expert guidance through coaching and instruction as your Swim Instructor works with you to build your own customized swim lesson program.
In order to participate in Private or Semi-Private Swim lessons, you need to need to purchase a Private or Semi-Private Lesson package.
Semi-Private sessions are up to 3 participants from the same household working with one of our Certified Instructors. The recommendation for semi-private participants are to have similar goals, swim experience, and availability, but is not necessary.
If you need help choosing the appropriate swim lesson level for your child, click here (available in English/Spanish/Chinese).
HOW IT WORKS
You’ll fill out a form asking about availability and swim experience that will be sent to an Aquatics Director who will pair you with one of our Certified Swim Lesson Instructors for on-going swim lessons that work with your availability.
Swim Lesson packages are available in bundles of 4 or Single** sessions in 30 minute increments, for one to three participants per session.
**can be used only as add-on to a 4 pack
ONE PARTICIPANT (PRIVATE)
- 4 Sessions - Facility Member: $220
- 4 Sessions - Community Participant: $265
- Single Add-On Session - Facility Member: $55
- Single Add-On Session - Community Participant: $66.25
UP TO 3 PARTICIPANTS (SEMI-PRIVATE)
- 4 Sessions - Facility Member: $196/person
- 4 Sessions - Community Participant: $235/person
- Single Add-On Session - Facility Member: $49/person
- Single Add-On Session - Community Participant: $58.75/person
READY FOR PRIVATE SWIM?
You will receive a confirmation email that you have been put on our waitlist once the form is filled out. An Aquatics Director will reach out to you once a spot opens up.