Lap Lanes for Swimming
Lap Swim reservations are available to YMCA of San Francisco active paying members only and advanced registration is required. To register for a lap lane, visit the Lap Swim Schedule, two days in advance of the reservation date. Lap Lanes are limited to two people per lane, with the exception of Peninsula Family YMCA and a few members per hour per pool.
What to Know
- No towels will be available. You are encouraged to bring your own.
- Please check with your branch regarding lap swim rules & etiquette
- State Health Laws:
- Every person must shower before entering the pool, sauna, steam room, or spa. Limit to 2 minutes.
- No person with open wounds or communicable diseases are allowed in the pool or spa.
For your safety, please:
- Obey rules set by lifeguard. Walk, don’t run.
- Refrain from pushing or rough play.
- Wear bathing suits and shower shoes only.
- Please no undergarments, thongs or street clothes.
- Do not eat, drink, or chew gum in the aquatic environment.
- Do not spit in or around the pool area.
- Only use plastic containers.
- Refrain from cell phone/camera/video use Lifeguards have the right to swim test all bathers.
- Max capacity per lane is 4 persons
YOUTH GUIDELINES FOR POOL USE
Lifeguards will swim test all youth bathers.
YOUTH AGES 0-5
- Are not permitted in YMCA facilities unless registered for a specific Youth Program or are participating with an adult in their Household during reserved Recreation/Household swim times.
YOUTH AGES 6-10
- The child must pass a swim test before permitted to swim autonomously and without a PDF during Recreation/Household swim. Parent/Guardian must be in the pool if the child does not pass the swim test.
READY TO SWIM?
For questions or help with your reservation, please call the YMCA facility at which you are trying to reserve a lap lane.
Build Confidence In The Water
Enjoy aqua aerobics, water walking, family rec swim and all the benefits of low-impact pool workouts.
Youth Swim Lessons
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons are an opportunity to work with a Certified YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor. You’ll receive expert guidance through coaching and instruction as your Swim Instructor works with you to build your own customized swim lesson program.
COMING SOON: Group Swim Lessons
HOW IT WORKS
You’ll fill out a form asking about availability and swim experience that will be sent to an Aquatics Director who will pair you with one of our Certified Swim Lesson Instructors for on-going swim lessons that work with your availability.
What to Know?
In order to participate in Private or Semi-Private Swim lessons, you need to need to purchase a Private or Semi-Private Lesson package.
Semi-Private sessions are up to 3 participants from the same household working with one of our Certified Instructors. The recommendation for semi-private participants are to have similar goals, swim experience, and availability, but is not necessary.
Swim Lesson packages are available in bundles of 4 or Single** sessions in 30 minute increments, for one to three participants per session.
**can be used only as add-on to a 4 pack
ONE PARTICIPANT (PRIVATE)
- 4 Sessions - Facility Member: $220
- 4 Sessions - Community Participant: $265
- Single Add-On Session - Facility Member: $55
- Single Add-On Session - Community Participant: $66.25
UP TO 3 PARTICIPANTS (SEMI-PRIVATE)
- 4 Sessions - Facility Member: $196/person
- 4 Sessions - Community Participant: $235/person
- Single Add-On Session - Facility Member: $49/person
- Single Add-On Session - Community Participant: $58.75/person
READY TO SWIM?
Once your information is received, an Aquatics Director will contact you within 3 business days to schedule your Private or Semi-Private Swim Lessons.