Tennis Court Reservations
YMCA Facility Members can reserve time for personal use on one of our 6 tennis courts at the Presidio Community YMCA. The courts are open for member reservations 7:00am-10:00pm, everyday. Each court reservation has a $6 fee.
For more information, please read our policy and procedures.
Policy and Procedures
COURTS ARE CURRENTLY ONLY OPEN FOR RESERVATION AND USE BY PLAYERS WITH ACTIVE YMCA FACILITY MEMBERSHIPS. PLEASE READ OUR CURRENT TENNIS COURT GUIDELINES, BELOW, BEFORE RESERVING A COURT.
- Courts are currently available for reservation 7:00am-10:00pm, everyday.
- Fort Scott and Infantry Terrace court locations have lights - keep up your evening play, even as the days get shorter!
- Players must reserve a court time online by using our court reservation system. Gate key lockbox codes used to access the courts are made available to members when they place a reservation.
- ALL reservations (whether a 30 minute, 60 minute, or 90 minute reservation) have a $6.00 court reservation fee, and members are limited to one reservation per day.
- Reservations can be made as early as 2 days in advance and can be canceled up 24 hours after the start time of the reservation (the $6.00 court fee will still apply in the case of uncancelled court reservations). Reservations on wet or rainy days are NOT automatically canceled and must be deleted by the member who booked the court.
- No guests allowed at this time; only active YMCA Facility Members allowed to play.
- If you encounter an issue with the courts or reservation system, please reach out to our Tennis Coordinator, RCarson@ymcasf.org
- In the event of a life-threatening emergency, CALL 911. For non-life-threatening emergencies, please call Park Dispatch at 415-561-5505.
- No commercial, business, or other activity (lessons, etc.) except by YMCA of San Francisco Staff.
Cardio Tennis Classes
Cardio Tennis is a high-energy group fitness activity combining the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout.
We have classes for multiple level players taught by our Tennis pros every week. For beginners we recommend a series of private or group lessons with our USPTA/PTR certified instructors.
Beginner-Intermediate Level Class
This beginner-intermediate level for USTA rated 2.5 to 3.0 level players. If you are a beg.-int. level recreational player who plays one time per week and can hit several ground strokes and volleys per rally with other players, then this is the class for you! This class is not suited to beginner tennis players.
LOCATION: Ruger Court - 563 Ruger St, San Francisco, CA, 94129
Beginner-Intermediate Level Class Times
- Sundays - 3:00-4:00PM
Intermediate Level Class
This intermediate level class is designed for players between intermediate and intermediate-advanced levels and is taught by a pro.
LOCATION: Infantry Terrace Courts - 328 Infantry Terrace, San Francisco, CA, 94129
Intermediate Level Class Times
- Tuesdays - 12:00-1:00PM
- Thursdays - 12:00-1:00PM
- Thursdays - 6:30-7:30PM
- Fridays - 12:00-1:00PM
Requirements and Policies
- Classes are available for active, paying YMCA members.
- Classes are limited to 8 participants.
- Members will be charged the $14 registration fee through their YMCA of SF membership account after the class.
- Registration is through the MindBody App, website, or the schedule below. If you are using the app or website, once you have logged in, please select the Presidio Community YMCA location to find the Cardio Tennis class time you wish to join.
- Registration for classes opens 2 days prior to the class and closes 90min. before the start of the class time.
- Please wear proper tennis shoes with proper tennis specific soles (no running shoes or cross-trainers).
Private and Semi-Private Tennis Lesson
Training packages are available in bundles of 4, 8, 12 or 20 sessions in 60 minute increments, for one or two clients per session.
Private (One-on-One Client lessons)
- $90/single lesson
- $340/4-pack of lessons
- $680/8-pack of lessons
Semi-Private (2,3,or 4 Clients, Priced Per Person)
- Group of 2, Per Person Rate: $50/hour ($180/4-pack, $360/8-pack)
- Group of 3, Per Person Rate: $40/hour ($140/4-pack, $280/8-pack)
- Group of 4, Per Person Rate: $35/hour ($120/4-pack, $240/8-pack)
Requirements and Policies
- Must be an active YMCA Facility Member to schedule private lessons.
- All tennis lesson requests and scheduling must be made by contacting the Presidio YMCA Tennis Coordinator, Rich Carson (RCarson@ymcasf.org)
- Private lessons require a 24 hour cancelation notice or you will be charged for the lesson.
- All private lesson packages have an expiration of 3 months from the purchase date.
- Non-YMCA coaches and guest instructors are not allowed to coach any clients on Presidio YMCA tennis courts
Director of Sports & Community Programs
Hannah is dedicated to building strong youth and families through activities that keep both their bodies and their minds active.