Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Under the guidance and supervision of the YKids Coordinator, the Y-Kids program leader is responsible for the achievement of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Peninsula YMCA through the Youth and/or Member Services Department. The areas of primary importance are the delivery of high quality, interactive program activities for children ages 12 weeks to 12 years old. Y-Kids is a space where children can learn, grow, engage in creative activities, and overall feel welcome. Our efforts are to ensure children always feel comfortable and safe. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a safe, clean site and to establish a positive relationship with all program participants, their families, and branch members. The Y-Kids program leader is a positive role model to Youth within the philosophy of YMCA standards and expectations with emphasis on our Character Counts philosophy. Other responsibilities include planning and implementing all daily activities for the participants.
Salary Range: $18.07 - $19.50 per hour
- Minimum 16 years old
- Available to work mornings, afternoons, and/or some weekends
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to work independently
- Creativity, good judgment, adaptability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills/customer service skills
- Must complete all trainings and certifications - CPR/AED, Child Abuse Prevention, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens – within 30 days of hire.
- Fingerprint background check clearance; authorized work permit if under 18
- 18 years or older
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or other languages
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records