Careers with a Cause
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the YMCA of San Francisco. In communities across the Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction and supervision of the Teen Programs Director, and the established policies, goals and objectives of YMCA of San Francisco Association, the Teen Programs Coordinator shall be responsible for overseeing school year and summer teen programs curriculum and program activities. The Teen Programs Coordinator supervises and guides a teen’s development in a safe and healthy environment. Staff schedules are set at the time of employment but are subject to change by the supervisor based on the needs of the programs.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Experience working with high school age youth
- Availability Mon. Tues, Wed., and Thur from 2:30-6:00 and Fri. from 3:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Excellent customer service and the ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from participants, members, staff, administration, or the general public.
- Experience writing reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to administration, staff, or public groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions that deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- CPR certified (training available upon hire)
- Child Abuse and Prevention Training
- Clear fingerprinting through the DOJ and FBI
Email cover letter and resume to Denise Hung: email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records