Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
Provide administrative support to the Director of Risk and Legal. Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are crucial components of this position. This position requires involvement with confidential and sensitive information, necessitating exceptional use of discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy. Position requires maintenance of high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information. Candidate must possess the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- High diploma or equivalent; AA Preferred.
- Two years of administrative support experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong familiarity with databases.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Adobe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong self-awareness and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently, coordinate with colleagues, determine priorities, and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to draft reports and other documents.
- Experience handling confidential material and information.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism while working with staff at all organizational levels.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.