Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Must have current YMCA YMCA Swim Instructor Certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to lead children in the development of swimming skills.
- Ability to observe and instruct participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to life a small to average size child.
- Current First Aid/CPR Pro Certifications
- Must be crossed over to YMCA Lifeguard within 90 days of employment
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.