Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swimmers in either the Masters or Youth Swim Team.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to lead children and adults in the development of swimming skills.
- Ability to observe and instruct participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Current First Aid/CPR Pro.
- YMCA Swim Instructor Certification or equivalent.*
*May acquire within 90 days upon hire or at the next offered training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Daxko program entry experience.
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Trainer.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.