Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The YMCA of San Francisco is committed to providing quality youth programming and exceptional summer camp experiences to our Bay Area families. As a Summer Camp Counselor, you can be a part of this experience and make this the BEST SUMMER EVER for the youth and families we serve.
Under the supervision of the Summer Program Unit Leaders, Camp Counselors are responsible for all aspects of the supervision of children and implementation of day camp activities and curriculum.
- Must be able to attend all required Day Camp Trainings and meetings - Dates TBD
- San Francisco camps: Must be able to work June 6th - August 12th, 2022
- Peninsula camps: Must be able to work June 13th - August 19th, 2022
- Marin camps: Must be able to work June 13th - August 12th, 2022
- No camps on June 20th or July 4th
*Please note - Embarcadero YMCA Summer Camp programs will be located at the Treasure Island YMCA
- Proof of COVID Vaccination is required
- Minimum 18 years old (16-17 years can be hired as Camp Aides at select branches)
- Be highly motivated to provide quality programming to youth
- Be a Team Player and be comfortable working alongside 5-7 fellow staff
- Have knowledge of and enthusiasm for youth development work
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be available Monday-Friday, 7:00am – 6:00pm (hours/shifts vary)
- CPR & First Aid certified (may complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance (*Valid work permit required if under 18)
- TB test clearance is required for camps on school sites
- 1+ year of experience working with youth
- Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian language skills
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records