Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Youth Programs Director and Unit Director, the Safety and Support Leader will work as a team member to create a welcoming experience for youth, families, and park patrons. Candidates must be capable and confident in supporting K thru 5th grade students academically.
Hours: Monday – Friday 1pm-6pm.
- Minimum High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Two or more years’ experience working with multi-ethnic, multi-cultural middle school youth.
- Knowledge of a variety of classroom and behavior management techniques.
- Strong understanding of the theory and practice of youth development.
- Ability to engage with school aged youth and build meaningful relationships with them.
- Creativity and interest in planning hands-on projects for youth.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.