Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains amongst the redwoods, our 927 acre property provides year-round access for conferences and retreats, outdoor education, family and summer camp programs and a ropes course.
Ropes course staff provide experiential activities and facilitate a powerful learning opportunity for participants of all ages. Our facilitators will help groups discover ways to work together and accomplish goals through leadership, instruction and motivation with an emphasis on safety.
- Minimum 18 years old
- High School Diploma
- Must be available on many weekends
- Must have experience in group facilitation and the ability to lead program participants.
- YMCA approved First Aid and CPR/AED certification. Training can be provided if necessary.
- Related Experience: Experience with challenge courses
- Specialized Skills: Belay experience
- Licenses & Certifications: ACCT Level 1
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.