Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
The YMCA of San Francisco operates under a rich history of building community. Currently, the Y of SF is 14 YMCA branches, 54 school and community-center based after school programs, and 120 program sites. We’re looking for a Recruiting and Onboarding Coordinator to be an innovative and creative thinker in our recruitment efforts and to provide a stellar applicant experience.
As the Recruiting and On-boarding Coordinator, you will have a tremendous impact on our ability to make a difference in the communities we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Two or more years of YMCA experience
- Experience or exposure to human resources systems and HRIS system; job posting, job descriptions, vacancy listings, websites, career fairs and social media recruitment platforms.
- Excellent relationship building; HRIS; Excel, Word and data management skills
- Excellent oral & written communication; planning; and problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must think strategically and be able to lead change.
- Must be effective with highly diverse staff, be results-driven, strike an effective balance between patience & determination, and be able to collaborate effectively.
- Experience with ADP HCM preferred.
- Assisting with association wide recruitment and communications efforts to include presenting, leading and training recruitment best practices and techniques
- Ensure effective use of ADP Recruitment Management ATS
- Be an innovative and creative thinker in developing recruitment efforts
- Support strategic planning in terms of recruitment and organizational development
- Actively participate in and support the Recruitment Task Force
- Support new hire on-boarding packet administration
- Support and maintain specific systems for recruitment including job postings, job flyers, job advertisements, business cards, jobs hotline, social media and employee referral program and member refer an employee program
- Working closely with HR Generalist, coordinate career fairs and open houses for branches.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.