Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Youth Sports Coordinator, the Recreation Program Leader is responsible for the delivery of Lunchtime sports and activities at their designated school site each morning and delivering intentional afterschool programming each afternoon. In both our Lunchtime Sports and our after school programs, we are intentional about fostering sportsmanship, relationships and belonging. We are dedicated to creating an environment that helps youth feel empowered and allows them to reach their true potential. We are seeking talented, professional people who are serious about providing meaningful opportunities for youth to grow, learn, and thrive through sports, physical activities and after school enrichments. We are seeking people who are flexible, will take the initiative, are punctual, are have the ability to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year.
- At least 18 years of age for the elementary school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units) or AA degree
- Must be available Mondays-Fridays during Lunchtime hours (approx. 11:00a-1:00p) and after school program hours (approximately 1:30p-6:30p)
- At least 6+ months of experience working with youth (Elementary or Middle School)
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development
- Experience leading large groups of youth in outdoor, physical activity
- Must be comfortable leading enrichment and physical activities with youth
- Must be willing to participate in bi-annual evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification, finger print and TB test clearance
- Connections to the Oceanview, Sunset, and Miraloma communities or the greater San Francisco Community are a bonus
- At least 12+ unit in ECE or related courses, trainings, or combination thereof Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Education, Social Services or related field or passing score on NCLB exam preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge, familiarity, and experience working in or with schools within SFUSD preferred
- Special Knowledge of Arts, Dance, Drama, or Sports preferred
- Bi-lingual skills in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish is a plus.
- Current EMSA Approved First Aid and CPR certification preferred
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.