Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Chinatown YMCA Site Coordinator works directly with the Associate Executive Director to administer a safe and nurturing environment that is developmentally appropriate for children ages 0-5 years and works to achieve successful program service delivery to the Chinatown YMCA Preschool constituency. The Site Coordinator assists the Child Development Director in establishing classroom policies and procedures for children’s development and safety and is responsible for ensuring that the center meets the State of California Community Care Licensing requirements. This position will act as the Department Head in the absence of the Child Development Director and will work closely with parents and staff to identify and develop programs and activities in accordance with the YMCA of San Francisco Child Care Programming goals and objectives. The Site Coordinator will delegate appropriate responsibilities as needed for successful day to day.
- BA Degree in ECE or related field
- Must be available fulltime Monday – Friday
- 2 years of supervision experience; should be in the area of program coordinator, development, management supervisory role
- Extensive experience working with toddlers and preschool aged children
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and verbal/written communication skills
- Site Supervisor Permit qualified from California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC)
- Must pass criminal background check
- Provide TB clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Submit proof of Immunizations for Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles
- Submit Physical Health Clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Current YMCA approved CPR and First Aid certification *
* Can be completed after hire
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development, Education, Social Services or related field.
- Program and Budget Management, 4+ years of Supervision experience
- Bi-lingual Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records