Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Middle School Program Leader position is responsible for leading a variety of academic, enrichment, and recreational activities for youth. In addition, the ideal candidate will have an exceptional ability to independently assess continuous quality improvement needs to be implemented throughout the program. The candidate must also have an ability to manage a challenging environment (i.e. behavior management), while supporting the YMCA's value of inclusion among all program participants (staff, students, and parents). The Middle School Program Leader will also work with their supervisor to ensure program offerings meets YMCA standards and guidelines.
- Minimum 18 years old for elementary school programs; minimum 21 years of age for middle school programs
- An AA degree or higher or Official transcripts reflecting 48 college units and a high school diploma/equivalent or Completion of CBEST and a high school diploma/equivalent.
- Previous experience running recreational, enrichment, or academic activities with groups of youth (ideally middle school age youth), and knowledge of a variety of classroom and behavior management techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Must be available daily M-F during after school program hours and/or morning care hours.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Pass health screening and fingerprint clearance.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records