Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Buchanan YMCA Beacon Program at John Muir Elementary is seeking a Martial Arts Instructor Enrichment Specialist. Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Enrichment Specialist is responsible for leading academic and recreational enrichment activities for youth in the Buchanan Y’s after-school program at John Muir Elementary. Focusing on a specific subject with the goal of fostering academic achievement for students, Enrichment Specialists will develop curriculum to support and supplement school wide efforts. Programming must be intentional, follow YMCA curriculum guidelines, and be based in Youth Development Principals.
- Age: Must be 18 years or older
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, 48 units of college credit, or have successfully passed the SFUSD Instructional Aid exam
- Availability: Part time, Monday-Friday, between 1:00-6:00 pm for scheduled enrichments (10-20 hours/week)
- Specialized skills: Trained in Martial Arts with experience teaching and coaching skills to youth
- Able to supervise and guide youth
- CPR and First Aid certified (may complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint clearance
- TB Test clearance and health screening
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records