Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Intake Coordinator & Lifestyle Coach-Bilingual is a two-part role. As Intake Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for connecting with and positively impacting and influencing members in the Medicaid, Medicare, and community health markets as they learn about and are referred to the YMCASF Health Initiatives Department. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and consumer engagement skills and demonstrate fluency in the Spanish language.
The Lifestyle Coach provides support and guidance to participants in the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program and implements the one-year standardized curriculum designed for the program, with full HIPAA compliance. Must be willing to travel to deliver the program within the community, including San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin counties. Must attend and pass 1.5 day in-person certification training prior to program delivery
- Aged 21 or older.
- An understanding of behavior change is required.
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish required
- 3+ years of job-related experience in small-group facilitation or behavior change programs is required.
- Proficiency with Listen First or Motivational Interviewing is required.
- Basic knowledge of computers, detail and data savvy, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to make calls and converse on the phone.
- Must have strong communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships with individuals and build community within a group and have empathy for health seekers.
- Must have an ability and passion for working with people of culturally, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Applicable experience with targeted member markets, including Medicaid, Medical and community health desired.
- Independent worker.
- Willingness to work hybrid, both remote and in person at Y branches or community partner locations.
- Experience with electronic medical recordkeeping and navigation
- Coaching certification
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records