Discover Your Passion at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job—we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. Discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Senior Director of Health Initiatives, this position will oversee the daily operations of the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program and other Health Initiatives programs. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating classes throughout the Association’s three county service area (Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties); overseeing, monitoring, evaluating, and supporting Lifestyle Coaches; and ensuring that the Program achieves targeted growth and performance outcomes. As the Health Initiatives department grows, the incumbent will work in collaboration with the Senior Director to support the roll out of similar Association wide health and wellness programs that support the needs of the adults and families we serve, as well as, Y employees. The incumbent can expect to spend approximately 20% of time in a direct service capacity.
- Aged 21 or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two or more years of job-related experience required (e.g., public health, health education).
- Familiarity and proficiency with Listen First or motivational interviewing is a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbally and in written form.
- Must have an ability and passion for working with people of culturally, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- A willingness to travel to support programming within the Ys service area is required.
- Technical knowledge of data collection systems such as atheanNet, RedCap or equivalent
- Bilingual (Spanish or Cantonese) a plus!
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records