Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
It is the objective of the Stonestown Family YMCA to support healthy lifestyles by reaching out and engaging all those who seek well-being of spirit, mind and body. This position supports this goal by developing communities in group exercise classes, supporting Health Seekers, and developing/coaching Group Exercise Staff/Volunteers. This role is responsible for overseeing all group exercise classes including Mind/Body, Cycling, Outdoor Exercise, Water Fitness and other group exercise modalities. This position is responsible for program development, staff recruitment and training, program supervision and evaluation, budget development and management, and communication with members and staff. The Director must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. The Director is part of the Branch Leadership Team and leads annual fundraising campaigns. The Director will maintain instructing regular group exercise classes weekly, and be available to substitute as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- YMCA approved CPR/First Aid Certification.*Within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to teach multiple modalities of Group Exercise with national certifications in Group Exercise Instructor in one or more of the following disciplines: Yoga, Pilates, Cycling, Strength, Outdoor Fitness, Dance (examples include: AFAA, ACE Group Exercise, PMA, RYT, Yoga Fit, Cycling Certification: Power/Watts based training).
- Proficient in computer software and data collection technology.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records