Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director, the Director of Group Services is responsible for the successful operation, planning, and administration of YMCA Point Bonita’s group services departments. Group Services includes the conference & retreat program, food services and the café operations. The Director of Group Services must achieve excellence with regards to superior customer satisfaction, staff development and quality execution while meeting all fiscal goals. They regularly evaluate programs and participant satisfaction and implement program changes in response to feedback, attracting new customers and guests while also working to exceed fiscal and enrollment benchmarks. They are responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, development and evaluation of conference, café and food services staff members. The regular schedule is determined by program needs. The Director Group Services may be required to provide coverage for any program including some nights and weekends and is expected to work a variety of shifts in order to observe all aspects of program operations.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- At least two years of experience in hospitality or guest service management required, including supervisory responsibilities, purchasing, and fiscal management.
- Experience with program development and/or special event planning required.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Current food manager certification (i.e. ServSafe or other accredited food safety program)
- Baccalaureate degree in Hospitality, Recreation Administration or related field
- Monitoring of program data and report writing experience
- Bilingual Spanish language skills
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certificates (required within 30 days of hire)
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records