About the YMCA of San Francisco
At the YMCA of San Francisco, strengthening community is our cause. Our mission is to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities by enriching the lives of all people in spirit, mind and body. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and become healthy. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of every youth and teen, improves the nation’s health and well-being, and provides opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
As our Director of Digital Marketing, you are curious, adaptable and data-driven in your approach to developing digital strategies that support the engagement, acquisition and retention of members, program participants and donors. You are a strategic leader while also being willing to roll up your sleeves alongside your team to get the job done. You should be proficient in executing multi-channel digital campaigns and have a keen understanding of audience segmentation and targeting. Along with everyone on the team, you are willing to be an active participant in the YMCA of San Francisco’s work becoming an anti-racist organization.
This position is temporarily remote, but the ideal candidate would live in the Bay Area with the ability to regularly travel to San Francisco.
- At least 18 years old
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field with 5 years or more of experience as a marketing and/or communications professional
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person with individuals small and large groups, and online
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Commitment to organizational values of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Previous supervisory experience
Specialized Skills & Qualities
- Demonstrated expertise managing multi-channel B2C marketing campaigns utilizing web, social, email, paid advertising, inbound and other digital strategies
- Advanced experience working with Google Analytics, Google Ads, paid social ads, Pardot (or other enterprise marketing automation platform), Salesforce
- Expertise creating and managing website content, with an understanding of web analytics and search engine optimization (Drupal administrative experience desirable)
- Technical proficiency to create email communications with dynamic data using marketing automation software
- Advanced understanding of marketing program management tools, processes, and reporting
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with departments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex program, processes, recommendations, and data to audiences across functions, teams, and organizational levels
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, ability to define and track KPIs, measure ROI, and use data to drive actionable insights and decision-making
- Ability to collaborate well with diverse partners, influence without direct authority, and build strong relationships across teams
- Demonstrated organizational, project management, analytical and critical thinking skills, and meticulous attention to detail