Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction and supervision of the IT Executive, the Senior Director of Business Resource Center will coordinate centralized efforts to provide support for our 14 branches, as well as support within Operations, Development, Health Initiatives, Training and IT within the association office. This role will oversee both the Business Services Team and the Audit Team within the Business Resource Center. This position manages relationships with both staff and members, manages/improves/leads the various system trainings, and provides recommendations for operational efforts related to membership, operations, and business resource center in accordance with the purpose and policies of the Association.
This role will be responsible for data integrity, internal accounting controls, and compliance. This role will also be responsible for accounts receivables, processing credit card payments, entering YMCA programs in system, and various other BRC responsibilities.
This position works in collaboration with the branch Executive Directors, Membership Directors, Program Directors and any other leadership to provide the necessary training, project management, and guidance in the above-named areas with regards to all accounts and any other business resource center functions assigned to this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- Five or more years of related experience in a service and/or office environment required.
- Three or more years in YMCA or social services non-profits
- Three or more years of experience working in membership organization
- Three of more years of management experience reporting directly to senior management
- Three or more years of experience managing a team consisting of 5 or more direct staff
- Experience in managing department budget of over $100k
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Compliance experience with PCI, HIPAA, and Medicare preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of computers and operating systems.
- Ability to lead others without direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.