Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The Billing and Accounting Specialist reports to the District Administrative Director with contextual support from relevant Program and Executive Director(s). This position supports insurance and healthcare claims and billing, and accounting management (tracking, invoicing, reconciliation, auditing) for the relevant YMCA of San Francisco programs and services. This is a hybrid remote position and will work out of the Association Office located at 169 Steuart St., San Francisco for in-person work.
- Proof of COVID vaccination required
- Minimum 18 years old
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Must be available Monday – Friday
- 2-3 years basic accounting experience
- Familiarity with accounting data and reconciliation processes
- Experience working with confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Office 365 including Excel, Outlook and Teams
- YSF approved CPR and First Aid Certification
- HIPAA certification
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Healthcare claims experience
- Familiarity with insurance reimbursement methodology, or at least basic terminology and principles day – Friday
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, and/or Mandarin
- Expertise in claims management software and healthcare billing/ coding
- YUSA Team Leader Certification