Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the direction of the District Executive Director, the Administrative Services Director of Finance has direct oversight of a budget of $6 million, which constitutes grants and contracts, accounts payable billing, business expenses and reconciliation reports, financial record keeping, and financial management systems for the Bayview YMCA. The ASD of Finance will work directly with the District Executive Director to ensure accurate account systems are in place and work directly with the Accounting Department of the association. The ASD of Finance will have a system in place to keep track of all financial records needed for auditing and monitoring purposes. The ASD of Finance will keep accurate records, department binders, and provide archive reports of all expenditures. He/she will provide support to all branch directors and other exempt staff in regard to branch financials and record keeping systems. The ASD of Finance will oversee and supervise administrative services staff: HR Administrative Associate, Financial Bookeepers, and Associate ASD.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and 3-5 years of experience in accounting practices.
- Must have a strong accounting background and know YMCA computer systems.
- Must have experience working with grants and contracts management and billing systems.
- Excellent leadership, communication,customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The incumbent will have strong knowledge of the Bayview community and understand the goals of the Bayview YMCA.
- The incumbent must possess training and consistent expertise in business office procedures; database systems management; knowledge of and experience in personnel systems (including payroll, insurance, legal requirements), bookkeeping and account procedures; and experience in supervision and computer systems.
- Must be accurate, able to perform under pressure, well organized and detail oriented with the ability to reason logically and accurately.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use office machines.
- IT system administration experience.
- Ability to work effectively with staff in a team environment.
- Position is heavily weighted on human relations. It is necessary that the incumbent have a clear understanding of the relationships of the general public to the Association, staff to volunteer, and of inter-staff relations.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Takija Gardner; email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.