Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director, this position will have a positive impact on back office support to the branch operations and staff and front-facing impact with members of the YMCA, Tenderloin community partners and general public through effective communication, collaboration and the overall efficiency of the administrative and reception desk functionality; responsible for multiple functions to include data input, maintenance and reports, research, accounting, copying, filing, mailing and phone calls. This position requires excellent customer service, knowledge of clerical and administrative functions with emphasis on organization, planning and time management, and ability to operate as an effective partner with fellow YMCA branch and Association staff team members and community partners including the Boys & Girls Club of San Francisco and San Francisco's Recreation and Parks Department.
- PC literate, proficient in MS Office applications: Excel, Word, Outlook and have data entry experience. Experience with Daxko is a plus.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, prioritizing abilities, strong clerical skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone etiquette.
- Proficiency in computer software troubleshooting and office equipment (printers, postage, copiers).
- Must demonstrate ability to meet fixed deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Chinese, or Vietnamese strongly preferred.
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.