Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the YBike Associate Director, this position is responsible for delivering and facilitating bicycle safety education programs to elementary, middle, and/or high school youth at multiple off-site locations. Along with other YBike staff, YBike Program Leaders will deliver in-school P.E. programs and support ride days; assist with after school bike clubs; support one-day bike rodeos at elementary school sites as well as other community- and city-wide events and outreach efforts, such as Bike and Roll to School Day; assist with Safe Routes to School bicycle safety education programs; lead monthly family and youth bicycling-related classes at the Presidio Community YMCA; and work on related YBike programs at the Presidio Community YMCA. All programs should be administered in a manner consistent with YMCA goals and policies.
This position’s hours may vary in accordance with the SFUSD calendar, program needs, and weekend excursions and events.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma
- Must be available part-time, early mornings, plus some afternoons and some weekends.
- Experience working with youth; ability to ride a bike; some bike mechanic experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Bilingual skills strongly preferred - in particular Spanish, Chinese, Filipino, Arabic, and/or Russian
- LCI certification preferred (provided upon hire if needed), additional trainings provided by the YMCA
- YMCA approved CPR, First Aid/AED certifications (within 30 days of hire date).
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.