Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Under the Direct Supervision of the Executive Director of Facilities, the District Facilities Director is responsible in keeping close collaboration with the Buildings & Grounds team and manages specific buildings and grounds properties to include but not limited to Building Life Safety Systems, Facilities Infrastructure, Preventive Maintenance, Shut Downs and Construction Projects Management of up to Million plus projects at assigned locations. Together with the Facilities Leadership Team, as a District Facilities Director you will be assigned a staff team and demonstrate leadership to the entire structure providing guidance and direction providing safe, clean and well maintained buildings and grounds. This position will manage and help build our (IIPP) Illness Injury Protection Plan and Safety Committee for the Facilities department and will work directly with Association Risk and Facilities Leadership Team. Candidate must be able to regularly travel between the branches and various sites.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High School Diploma required; Associate Degree or greater preferred.
- Three or more years of experience with commercial and/or institutional buildings are required
- Individual must have knowledge with commercial buildings infrastructure and thorough understanding of Risk Management, building infrastructure, related equipment, life safety equipment, building structure, pools, safety and trouble shooting.
- This position requires the ability to train and supervise trainings related to facilities operations for infrastructure / mechanical, safety, risk management, maintenance, PM and custodial activities, related policies and procedures as it relates to YMCA programs, audits and or regulations, relative to mechanical and safety industry standards and government oversight.
- CPO (Certified Swimming Pool Operator) certification to be completed within 12 months of employment. Training paid by YMCA.
- Valid California driver’s license, clean driving record and a registered and insured vehicle required.
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- YMCA experience preferred
- Current YMCA approved CPR and first aid certification*
*Within 90 days of employment or at first available training.
Email cover letter and resume to Isabel Bustamante at: email@example.com
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.