Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job -- we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Youth Fitness Instructor is responsible for developing and leading fitness classes for youth and teens. They create engaging and age-appropriate workouts, monitor participants' progress, and ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for youth to develop physical fitness and health.
The Youth Fitness Instructor plays a crucial role in instilling a love for physical activity and promoting a healthy lifestyle among youth and teens, which can have a long-lasting impact on their overall well-being.
Salary range: $29.00 to $40.00 per hour
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Must possess strong communication, program planning, team building and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage with youth, parents, and guardians.
- A genuine passion for working with youth and helping them lead active and healthy lives.
- Must have a good understanding of the YMCA movement, mission, and vision.
- Within 30 days of hire:
- Obtain Y approved CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Complete Y-USA Learning and Career Development Center (LCDC) e-learnings: Foundations of Listen First, Orientation to Healthy Living at the Y, Principles of Member Health & Wellness and Group Exercise at the Y.
- ACE, NASM, ACSM Youth Fitness Specialist
- Degree in physical education, exercise science, or a related field is a plus.
- Prior experience working with youth and teens in a fitness or coaching capacity is beneficial.