Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
YMCA Youth Basketball League Referee is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, interactive, structured, and well-supervised environment through refereeing on SIX game days. Individuals hired for this position will work under the supervision of the Sports Coordinator, and will need to be flexible, willing to take initiative, be punctual, and available to work throughout the entire YBL season from beginning of January 2023 to end of March 2023.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality youth sports experiences
- Must be a team player
- Must be available for Saturday games and tournaments
- Current YMCA approved CPR and 1st Aid certification (can complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- Must be willing to participate in evaluations and supervision meetings as needed
- Expertise in youth basketball
- Some referee experience
- Bi-Lingual skills in English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records