Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Teen Program Director is responsible for the supervision, operations, staff development, and program implementation at Out of School Time Program at Presidio Middle School and Claire Lilienthal, Teen Center, Teen Camps, Sports and Teen Leadership Programs. This role directly supervises various levels of staff in the youth programs, including Site Coordinators, Lead Staff, and Program Leaders.
As a member of the management team, the Teen Program Director will also engage actively in the Branch Leadership Team meetings, events and initiatives, including the Annual Giving Campaign by recruiting and supporting volunteers and being accountable to a department campaign goal. The Teen Program Director will represent the Richmond District YMCA in the community, acting as liaison to several entities, both public and private to support the overall mission of the YMCA of San Francisco. The Teen Program Director will be in ratio/direct service as needed.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination is Required
- 25 years or older
- High School Diploma or equvalent
- 3 + years of youth program experience including supervisory responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and verbal/written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be available Monday through Friday and be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Fingerprint clearance
- TB test clearance
- YMCA approved First Aid, CPR and AED certified (may complete upon hire)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- YMCA youth development experience
- SFUSD experience
- Budget management experience
- Bilingual in Spanish, Russian, Cantonese, or Mandarin
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records