Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The YMCA of San Francisco is committed to providing quality youth programming and exceptional summer camp experiences to our Bay Area families. As a Summer Camp Unit Director, you can be a part of this experience and make this the BEST SUMMER EVER for the youth and families we serve.
Under the supervision of the Camp Director, the Camp Unit Leader is responsible for all aspects of the supervision and daily operation their unit. There will be a strong focus on connecting kids to nature and the Camp Unit Leader will be responsible for program planning and implementation of outdoor education in their units daily.
Camp Dates – specific program dates dependent on site:
- San Francisco: June 5th – August 11th, 2023
- Marin: June 12th – August 11th, 2023
- San Mateo: June 12th – August 11th, 2023
No camps on June 19th or July 4th
- Proof of COVID Vaccination is required
- Minimum 21 years old
- High School Diploma
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with youth and knowledge of or expertise in youth development
- Previous supervisory experience
- Available Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-6:00 pm (hours/shifts vary)
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Must be highly motivated to provide quality programming to youth
- Must be a Team Player and be comfortable supervising staff
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with youth
- CPR First Aid certified (may complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Russian
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records