Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Youth Service Bureaus is a program of the Urban Services branch of the YMCA of San Francisco and primarily focuses on mental health and family support services. Our mission is to support families in nurturing and developing connected, healthy and productive youth. We do this by making mental health and social services affordable and accessible to families, schools and communities throughout San Francisco and San Mateo Counties.
The Clinical Director is responsible for leading our clinical staff in successful advancement of our programmatic goals and expectations both within the YMCA and from our outside funders. This position must be eligible, willing and qualified to provide excellent and attentive clinical supervision and program oversight, managing the day to day operations. Both clinical insight and business management skills are crucial to succeed in this position.
- Master’s degree or higher in Psychology, Social work, Counseling or related field.
- Requires an active California License and at least two years licensed clinical experience working in a mental health setting.
- Requires broad theoretical knowledge and expertise in the practice of a variety of treatment modalities and diagnostics and therapeutic techniques in order to diagnose and solve problems in psychotherapeutic work with children, adolescents, and/or adults.
- Requires knowledge of the racial/ethnic, economic, and social factors affecting the residents of the neighborhood served by the program.
- Knowledge of documentation standards for MediCal utilization management process.
- Experience working with AVATAR database system a plus
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.