Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Bayview YMCA is one of the anchor service providers in Sunnydale, Huntersview and the Bayview Hunters Point communities. Our mission is to provide holistic and comprehensive programs that support health, wellness and self-efficacy in youth, families, and communities.
This Office Manager position provides administrative and clerical duties to support smooth programming and service delivery for the Family Resource center and its clients. This role works closely with the FRC team to coordinate day to day logistics, provide bookkeeping, record keeping manage and stock office, provide assistance to FSS Senior Director, compile data and reporting, manage scheduling, conduct outreach, oversite of food pantry and support as well as direct client service to families in the Bayview Hunterspoint communities. Critical thinking, problem solving, and high organizational skills are essential in this role. Flexibility is a must.
Salary range: $22.00 to $26.00 per hour
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be available Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm and evenings, with occasional weekends
- Must have experience working with underserved, high-risk, and isolated populations
- Data reporting, invoicing, account reconciliation, outreach, and flyer design skills are necessary
- Ability to collect, manage and compile data for reporting purposes
- Knowledgeable and comfortable using social media
- Proficiency in operating computers using Windows-based programs,
including word processing, spreadsheet and database software in a standard indoor office environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear and concise reports, recommendations, and correspondence
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- AA in social work, public policy, psychology, public health, health education, or related fields
- Experience in office management, program assistant, program reporting, and data management
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, and/or Mandarin is preferred
- Trauma informed practices skills are preferred
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records