Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
In order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible, all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to beginning work.
About the Job
The Program Administrative Assistant (PAA) will support the Community Health and Wellness Programs (African American Holistic Wellness Program, Silver Plus Program, and Holistic Wellness for Active Older Adults Program), the Senior Director and Program Coordinators. The Community Health and Wellness Programming’s mission is to reduce health disparities, increase physical and behavioral wellness, decrease social isolation and improve the overall wellbeing of African Americans throughout San Francisco using holistic approaches toward chronic disease prevention, health and wellness, social engagement events, and mental health promotions. The Bayview Hunters Point YMCA has a pivotal role in addressing some of the major challenges faced by San Franciscans, including chronic disease prevention, substance abuse, elderly isolation, weak educational achievement, and productive after school activities for kids.
Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Director, the PAA provides secretarial and high-level administrative support involving the use of discretion and independent judgment as well as assist in the organization and performance of the various program modalities. Candidate must be available some evenings and weekends.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination required
- 21+ years old
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Three or more years of as the assistant, coordinator or organization lead to high-level directors, management or administrators
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using standard office equipment including computer, printer, and copier.
- Excellent telephone manners
- Proficient in Office 365 (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated follow through on tasks: multi project/multi-task orientation.
- Ability to make sound judgement and work with integrity, discretion, and a professional approach.
- YSF approved CPR and First Aid Certifications
- AA or Bachelor’s in Business or Social Service or equivalent is strongly preferred.
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records