Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
In partnership with BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life) Stonestown Family YMCA will support Power Scholars Academy™, a summer learning program for youth entering the 3rd grade. The goal of this program is to increase students’ academic success and boost self-confidence, while also engaging families in the education process. The summer learning program is designed to address summer learning loss for children in low-income households living in urban communities and thereby enhance overall youth development, academic performance, and graduation rates.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Must be available Monday- Friday, 7:30am- 6:00pm, June 8th – August 7th
- Previous experience working in urban communities and managing out of school time programs, passion and commitment to improving the quality of education for children and youth, strong leadership skills in managing multiple levels of staff.
- Spanish or Mandarin Bilingual (preferred)
- Experience with Youth Development Principles and Practices, behavior management, excellent communication skills, strong technical skills
- Y approved CPR and First Aid Certification and TB test
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records