Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Buchanan Y is seeking a Music Teacher for the After School Enrichment Programs.
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, this position is responsible for leading a variety of academic, enrichment, and recreational activities for youth in the Buchanan Y’s after-school programs. With the goal of fostering academic achievement for students, program leaders will develop curriculums to support and supplement school wide efforts. The Music Teacher (Enrichment Specialist) is responsible for creating and leading classes weekly to Elementary school aged youth (K- 5), in subjects as decided by the program team and Site Coordinator. Programming must be intentional, follow YMCA curriculum guidelines, and be based in Youth Development Principles.
Salary range: $45.00 to $60.00 per hour
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 48 units of college credit, or have successfully passed the SFUSD Instructional Aid exam
- Availability: Part time, Monday-Friday, between 1:00-6:00 pm for scheduled enrichments
- Specialized skills: Skills, interest, and creativity in musical subjects with ability to teach music in youth classrooms
- Able to supervise and guide youth
- CPR and First Aid certified (may complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint clearance
- TB Test clearance and health screening
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Connections in the local San Francisco and Western Addition community are a bonus
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records