Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities. Plus, we offer great benefits to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body, even as you’re helping others.
About the Job
Supervise and lead membership department in premier execution of Y’s Member Engagement Principals of welcome, connect, support and invite during all member and guest interactions.
- Minimum of 21 years of age required.
- High school graduation or equivalent required; two or more years of college preferred.
- Must be flexible to a schedule that may include some nights, early mornings and weekends including covering shifts when other team members are not available.
- Minimum two years of related experience in a service, sales and/or office environment to include some supervisory responsibilities required.
- Demonstrated Mission Sales performance at a high level preferred.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, Word required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Monitoring of program data and report writing preferred.
- Current YMCA CPR & First Aid certification, as well as Mission Sales & Retention training required*
*Within 90 days of employment or at first available training
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.