Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Buchanan YMCA After School Program at Dr. William Cobb Elementary Beacon is seeking a Math Tutor Enrichment Specialist.
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, this position is responsible for leading a variety of academic, enrichment, and/or recreational activities for youth in YMCA After School Programs. With the goal of fostering academic achievement for students, Enrichment Specialists will develop curriculums to support and supplement school wide efforts.
The Enrichment Specialist is responsible for creating and leading classes weekly to Elementary school aged youth (K-5th), in subjects as decided by the program team and Site Coordinator. Programming must be intentional, follow YMCA curriculum guidelines, and be based in Youth Development Principles.
Salary Range: $30.00 to $40.00 per hour
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 48 units of college credit, or have successfully passed the SFUSD Instructional Aid exam
- Must be available: Part time, Monday-Friday, between 1:00-6:00 pm for scheduled enrichments
- Specialized skills: Knowledge, creativity, and interest in a variety of subjects that center in the goal of having youth developing vital skills that can used, such as arts, music, culture, sports, health and fitness, etc.
- Able to supervise and guide youth
- YMCA approved CPR and First Aid certified (may complete upon hire)
- Fingerprint background check clearance
- TB Test clearance
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or other languages strongly preferred
- Connections in the local San Francisco community
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records