Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Stonestown YMCA is seeking a Lead Preschool Teacher for the Lutheran Church of Our Savior (LCOS) Preschool: 1011 Garfield St, San Francisco, 94132.
The Preschool Lead Teacher is part of a team which provides a safe, nurturing and educational environment for all children enrolled in our program at the LCOS Preschool. The Preschool Lead Teacher will actively participate and help plan all activities scheduled. The position will supervise and support volunteers, and/or substitutes when needed. The Preschool Lead Teacher is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with families being served at the LCOS Preschool and must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with children. The Preschool Lead Teacher must observe and follow all regulations set forth by Community Care Licensing as well as instructions given by the Site Coordinator.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Must be available Monday – Friday during program hours
- 350+ days of 3+ hours per day within 4 years in a childcare site
- Must be qualified for ECE Teacher permit or higher, or working toward permit qualifications
- Experience leading teachers and/or assistant teachers
- Experience writing Desired Results Development Profiles (DRDP)
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- YMCA approved CPR/First Aid certification (may certify upon hire)
- Provide TB clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Submit proof of Immunizations for Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles
- Submit Physical Health Clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Fingerprint background check clearance through Community Care Licensing
- BA degree in ECE or Child Development
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese
- Knowledge of NAEYC, PITC, Anti-Bias Curriculum, Emergent Curriculum and Reggio Emilia
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records