Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job -- we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Supports in overseeing staff and the evaluation of branch swim instructor staff in group lessons. Supervises weekday and weekend group swim lessons and will be required to teach in place of an absent swim lesson instructor. Upholds the safety of the aquatic environment in general. Responsible for the for keeping various aspects of the pool in order, administering trainings and tracking certifications. Presents a positive, enthusiastic and caring attitude to a diversified population of members and staff. Know and exhibit the YMCA Mission through programs that strive for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Demonstrates the ability to exercise mature judgment and tact and able to work well with members, staff, and volunteers. Strong knowledge and experience in the area of aquatics. Has the ability to interpret YMCA aquatics program philosophy and motivate others.
Salary range: $27.00 to $32.00 per hour
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1+ year(s) of swim lesson instruction experience.
- Significant knowledge of swimming/aquatics
- Must be available for 40 hours per week; 20 hours of frontline and 20 hours of administrative work. Position does not exceed 40 hours per week.
- Schedule: Sunday - Thursday
- Sunday, flexible hours
- Monday - Thursday, 11am - 7:30pm
- Schedule: Sunday - Thursday
- Must be available to work 5 consecutive days a week, including one weekend day and holidays. Must be willing to cover varying shift times as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills to include Office 365
- Current YMCA approved certifications in Y Swim Lessons Instructor, Y Swim Lessons Instructor Trainer, Current Y-approved First Aid, CPR/AED and Oxygen Administration or obtain within 30 days.
- Complete Y Leadership Certification within 90 days.
- Leadership or Supervisor experience.
- Additional certifications (YASA, ARC Lifeguard, ARC WSI, USA Swimming Coach, ASCA).
- Language skills in Mandarin, Cantonese or Spanish
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.