Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
Peninsula YMCA is seeking a full-time Preschool Teacher for the Infant Classroom at the Gateway Child Development Center, located at 559 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080.
The Preschool Teacher is part of a team which provides a safe, nurturing and educational environment for all children enrolled in our program at Gateway. The Preschool Teacher will actively participate and help plan all activities scheduled. The Preschool Teacher will supervise and support volunteers, and/or substitutes when needed. The Preschool Teacher is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with families being served at the YMCA of San Francisco. The Preschool Teacher must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with children. The Preschool Teacher must obey and follow all regulations set forth by Community Care Licensing as well as instructions given by the Site Coordinator.
- 21 years or older
- Must be available Monday – Friday during program hours; 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week (ECE is a year-round program)
- 350+ days of experience in a childcare setting, 3+ hours per day within 4 years
- Must be qualified for Teacher Permit or higher (24 ECE core, plus 16 GE)
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- YMCA approved CPR/First Aid certification
- Provide TB clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Submit proof of Immunizations for Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles
- Submit Physical Health Clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Fingerprint background check clearance through Community Care Licensing
- Some experience working for YMCA
- AA Degree or higher in Child Development, ECE or related major plus 12 ECE core units
- Bilingual skills in English and Chinese or English and Spanish
- Knowledge of DRDP, NAEYC, PITC, Anti-Bias Curriculum, Emergent Curriculum and Reggio Emilia
FOR NEW APPLICATIONS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records