Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Dance Instructor will be responsible for teaching and training students in techniques and dance styles of your choice. The instructor will ensure that all students are engaged, motivated, and inspired to achieve their goals. The instructor will promote a safe and developmentally appropriate learning environment so that students may find their own unique self-expression, build confidence, and enjoy the world of performing arts.
- Minimum 21 years or older
- BA in Dance or its equivalent is preferred, but not required
- Must be available to work on Saturdays
- Demonstrable experience working with youth in a group setting
- Experience and desire to work with low-income working families
- YMCA approved CPR/First Aid Certification (can be obtained within 90 days of hire)
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records