Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job -- we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Y’s cause is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. To fulfill this promise, the Y requires strong cause-driven leadership to effect lasting personal and social change in our organization’s three areas of focus: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This means our leaders are committed to nurturing the potential of children, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
In order to support these objectives, this position offers direct training services for the YMCA of San Francisco specifically around CPR/AED/First Aid and will NOT be compensated to lead any YMCA of the USA training classes/modules.
Salary: $24.00 to $40.00 per hour
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two or more years of professional YMCA experience; expertise in delivery of training for diverse populations.
- Excellent relationship building; training/coaching; excellent oral & written communication; planning; and problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexible schedule and ability to run training on the weekends as needed.
- Must be effective with highly diverse staff, be results-driven, strike an effective balance between patience & determination, and be able to train effectively.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Current ASHI CPR/AED/First Aid Community Certification
- Bilingual skills in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
FOR CURRENT STAFF AT THE Y OF SF:
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.