Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
About the Job
The Site Manager will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the creation and implementation of effective outreach strategies to assist with outreach and promotion of Community Wellness Program (CWP) services, activities, and events. The selected candidates will work directly with the Community Health Ambassador (CHA) and Outreach & Engagement Coordinator and the greater CWP team to implement programs that focus on health equity, prevention of chronic disease, and activities that support optimal physical/behavioral holistic health among San Francisco’s Black/African American community and all residents of HOPE SF sites. This program is a partnership with both the Department of Public Health and HOPE SF and will focus exclusively on working with families living in the Potrero Hill or Hunters View public housing developments. We are seeking qualified candidates that can provide integrated, culturally relevant wellness programs rooted in holistic approaches for individuals and families. Candidates will have demonstrated ability to: work toward health equity; impact health outcomes; support healthy communities using culturally responsive services; and work toward policy and systems level change.
Must reside within a HOPE SF community.
- 21 Years old
- BA or MPH in health-related field and 5-year minimum required
- Experience creating and implementing effective outreach plans preferred OR Community Health Worker Certification, Mental Health Peer Specialist Certificate or related certification from an educational institution
- Must reside within the Hope SF Community where the position in located.
- Must be available Monday – Friday. Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings required.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong leadership skills, program development experience, and an understanding of enhancing community engagement
- Staff development and training experience
- Familiarity and experience working in or with DPH, HOPE SF, community-based agencies and other key SF city partners
- Conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reflect a professional demeanor, pleasant personality, and a sense of humor
- Ability to manage a program budget and keep partners and staff on track financially
- Experience complying with confidentiality policies and procedures and mandated reporting laws
- Ability to remain HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant
- 5+ years of experience creating and implementing effective outreach plans
- Fluency in English, Cantonese, Spanish, or Samoan
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and CA Fair Chance Act, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.