Careers with a Cause
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities. As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of San Francisco offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
About the Job
The Preschool Associate Teacher is part of a team which provides a safe, nurturing, and educational environment for all children enrolled in our program. The Associate Teacher supports teachers and maintains positive relationships with families being served at the Gateway Childhood Development Center. The Associate Teacher must have a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior when dealing with children and must obey and follow all regulations set forth by Community Care Licensing as well as instructions given by the Lead Teacher and Site Director.
Salary range: $21.00 to $23.00 per hour
- 18 years or older
- Associate Teacher Permit qualified or higher, 12 ECE units plus 16 GE
- Available Monday-Friday during program hours
- Related experience: 350+ days of 3+ hours per day within 4 years in a childcare site
- YMCA approved CPR/First Aid certification (may complete upon hire)
- Physical health screening and TB Test clearance prior to hire and every 2 years thereafter
- Proof of immunizations for influenza, pertussis, and measles
- Fingerprint background check clearance through Community Care Licensing
- Bilingual Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese
- AA Degree or higher in ECE
All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Job offers are conditional and contingent upon background clearance.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.